This Is Me

I live in a world that is not my own that I succumb to in many ways. I live by a code that leaves me to find joy in the small things in life. Not take advantage of anything. Love and learn from everyone I meet in my journey. And especially to learn what it means to be selfless in more ways I thought possible. I am a Army wife. It is what I do. I have a love hate relationship with what I do. But do I regret it? No way.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Valentine's Day

Can I be possibly the first one to say that this day is the same as all the other days?
I am proud to say that I don't need a Hallmark Holiday to feel loved or special.
Just call me lucky I guess!
Blessed for sure.
I did the get bouquet of roses which is always awesome.
No girl will complain about that! :)
Went to church today and Jeanette came with us.
The service ended up being more of those informative type thing instead of a service. They are getting ready for a time in the year where they focus on missions community and world wide and it's a week long ordeal. I don't know a ton about it but it was a service sharing more info about the ministries outside of the church that they are involved in so we as a congregation would be aware of where money goes besides utility bills and Sunday school material, etc.
We are still REALLY enjoying the church.
The best part of it is that we BOTH enjoy it. We come from such diverse backgrounds that it's nice to find common ground. The next step we are working towards is finding a small group.
Afterwards we had Jeanette over for lunch.
We grilled, and yes it snowed yesterday.
But considering where we live it was 90% melted by noon.
Spin was cancelled again because of the snow, so boo for that.
We had about 4-5 inches but it was SO wet that it only stuck on the grass. The sidewalks and pavements just looked like it rained.
Hurley LOVED it. I'll post a video later. John kept tossing him snowballs and Hurley kept getting so frustrated cause when he bit them they disappeared! ;)
He's such a great pup.

So yeah, spin was cancelled, and I was sad. I felt like I was coming out of my plateau. I went Monday and Wednesday and it was great. I pushed myself and even maxed out on the bike on Monday! Def a milestone on my journey.
This weekend, amidst the snow turmoil, John and I ran some errands around town to get him ready for this upcoming deployment.
Kind of coming more real.
We are around a month and a half out from d-day so it's coming up really fast.
Still lots of things to get done before he leaves so we just keep plugging away.
Planning on going to CO next month to see fam during John's pre-deployment leave. He has over 40 days of vacation built up, so he's taking 21days/3 weeks of vacation. I'm planning on going to CO for a couple days while John stays there longer. Then we are hoping to escape for a weekend just us somewhere. Don't know where yet, but somewhere new!
Getting ready for this deployment makes me realize how independent I have to be even though I am married. There are certain roles that John and I play that one is better at than the other. Therefore, that's their role.

Katie: laundry
John: mowing

Katie: messing up the dishes/cooking
John: cleaning up the dishes

Katie: just spray some cleaner on it and wipe it off!
John: pulls out a toothbrush and a bucket and will scrub every crevice until pristine

Katie: getting all the trash and recycling to their appropriate bins
John: takes them to the curb on Tuesdays

Katie: Bella & Jax
John: Hurley

So obviously, when he leaves I have to assume all roles and it's so intimidating!
I know NOTHING about lawn work. I HATE cleaning dishes and DEEP cleaning. Trash I don't mind.
Hurley I don't mind either, except the scoop poop thing. Ugh.
One step we completed was activating the alarm system in the home which we've gotten used to pretty quickly. John has only set it off once and of course it was when he came in REALLY late (like 3AM!!) from work and let the dog out without putting in the code. I hardly remember but apparently we had a full conversation with the alarm people telling them our code words and blah blah blah. I can honestly say all I remember is John asking me our code word and I went back to sleep.  Obviously doesn't make me panic very well, so I've got to learn to be "afraid" I suppose. LOL.

No comments: