This Is Me

I live in a world that is not my own that I succumb to in many ways. I live by a code that leaves me to find joy in the small things in life. Not take advantage of anything. Love and learn from everyone I meet in my journey. And especially to learn what it means to be selfless in more ways I thought possible. I am a Army wife. It is what I do. I have a love hate relationship with what I do. But do I regret it? No way.

Friday, December 31, 2010

Optimism at it's finest.....

New Years time and a slightly new me....
Bucket lists and weight loss goals seemed to fill my head throughout the 2010 year.
Well, and my husband was deployed again. A blessing and a curse.

I can't help but reiminise about this time last year when I had just started going to the gym and beginning my journey to transformation.
I remember not only looking and posting my measurements from the personal trainer, but just staring at them wondering how I was goingto do this.
Whatever the plan was, I needed to make sure that not only the weight got off, but stayed off.
I wanted to do it so bad. I NEEDED too. I was never so miserable in my life and for absolutely no reason at all. Something had to change and this was it.

Well, I am proud to say that here we are a year later and I'm 30 pounds lighter.
At the beginning of this journey my goal was to get to back to my wedding weight which was 120-125.
Half way through I convinced when I hit a hard plateau I told myself that I am older now and that maybe that goal was unrealistic and that I should be happy with what I had accomplished.
I am so glad I didn't give up and I'm still not ready to give up.
I have a solid 6-12 pounds to go and I can't wait to lose it.
I don't have my complete plan put together yet, but all I know is I can do it and it brings a smile to my face contimplating the challenge.

John has been deployed 9 months at the beginning of the new year. There are days where I swear it seemed it was the longest time ever, and then there are times where it seems to have flown by. I don't know if he can say the same, but this has been the easiest deployment so far....granted this is only my second, but still.
Having John home for mid tour reminded me of what an awesome time I have to look forward to when he is home.
We have both changed  in mulitple ways, but I can't wait til he gets home and we get to figure it all out together again. Remember when you first got married and moved into your new place and got to find out all those quirks and kinks that you never really knew about that person til you were married?? Yeah,  we get to do that on average every other year. Some people might not enjoy it as much as I do. But with time we ALL change and this reintigration time where we learn each other and our habits all over again, is fun for me.
This time it will be a bit of a challenge though. I have some new quirks and kinks, but most importantly I developed a new lifestyle. The ultimate challenge will be to stick to my new lifestyle once he's home!

So John re-enlisted and is slightly changing his MOS. He will return from Iraq and leave three months later for K9 school in Texas. With his re-up he not only got to go K9 like he was wanting but most likely we will be staying at Bragg for a couple more years.
Opposed to this time a while ago, I was thrilled about this.
I have a job that I wouldn't trade for anything.
I am finally LIVING here. I finally have come to a place where I am happy and so blessed to be without want for really anything.
I know John's new advance in his career will bring on it's new challenges, but I am open to them and feel like through my experiences so far, I can handle them.

So, here I am half an hour from the new year and I don't have any cool resolutions or anything.
But for once since I moved here I feel happy and extremely optimistic. Can't ask for more than that. :)

No comments: