This Is Me

I live in a world that is not my own that I succumb to in many ways. I live by a code that leaves me to find joy in the small things in life. Not take advantage of anything. Love and learn from everyone I meet in my journey. And especially to learn what it means to be selfless in more ways I thought possible. I am a Army wife. It is what I do. I have a love hate relationship with what I do. But do I regret it? No way.

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Venting Session

Ok, so I go into the gym yesterday just to be smacked around (figuratively) by a sign on the spin classroom door that spin classes are being changed to Tuesday's and Thursdays instead of Monday's and Wednesdays.
AND!!!! Our usual instructor, whom I LOVE, is no longer teaching the class.
I almost had a FIT right then and there.
I went up to the front and asked the girl at the front desk about it (she goes to the classes too) and she didn't have much info to give me.
I ran into one of the trainers on my way to the locker room and asked her about it and she said that our instructor, Amy, did NOT quit.
So, one can assume she got fired for some reason.....
What the...?!!?!?
I LOVED her, I ADORED her and honestly, I owe a lot of my weight loss/success to her and her class.
I seriously had tears in my eyes as I went to the locker room to change....

I worked out anyways and of course us women that had showed up for spin just to find that awesome sign, started talking/complaining to each other about it.
We are a little clique I'll admit. A true mixture of ages, occupations, areas of life, but we all had this one thing in common. We LOVED spin. We LOVED Amy.
Whomever is taking over her class as HUGE shoes to fill.....

When I got home my mom called and I had a true melt down.
Yes, over my spin class.
And that's where I came to the realization that I used this spin class as my crutch to make up time when I would normally be home with John.
I didn't want to do spin because I love it, I NEEDED to do spin because I NEEDED it.
I needed that "something" to take up my time so that my routine continued to be full and I wouldn't have enough time to sit and think about the fact that I am here alone without him.
Can I just tell you how awesome my mom is?!
She's run into the issue, several times, where her women's only gyms kept closing altogether.
She said she had little fits about it like I was, but you just readapt and keep doing what you are doing, don't let this little hiccup dictate my success at being healthy, fit, and happy.

That's all well and great, but now I am also going to have to figure out how the rest of my life routine is going to work, because.....
Usually on Tuesday's us Army wives have our Tuesday night dinners at a new restaurant every week. That's something I don't/can't miss...I need it too!
Once a month on Thursday's is our FRG meetings.....Don't necessarily NEED to go to that, but I should.

Not sure what I am going to do, but there, I got it out.  Just know I am upset, and have taken it rather personally......LOL.

No comments: