This Is Me

I live in a world that is not my own that I succumb to in many ways. I live by a code that leaves me to find joy in the small things in life. Not take advantage of anything. Love and learn from everyone I meet in my journey. And especially to learn what it means to be selfless in more ways I thought possible. I am a Army wife. It is what I do. I have a love hate relationship with what I do. But do I regret it? No way.

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Pool, Pedicures, and Pupcakes

Hello all!

This month of July has definitely not failed to keep me "entertained."

Continuing my saga of car drama, my mom came down to visit me the weekend of 4th of July. I think my self pity made her and my dad feel my pain. ;)
She came into Raleigh on Friday night and after sleeping in Saturday morning, we hit the pool at Steph's apt complex. Steph's sister and niece were in town so they joined us, as well as Jeanette, at the pool for some much needed relaxing and girl time.
After the pool mom, Jeanette, and I went to the mall to get a much needed pedicure.
4th of July weekend is our designated weekend for Hurley's birthday (he turned #2!!) so we stopped by a dog "barkery" called WOOF and picked him up some organic cookies (gluten and soy free of course, HA!) and a birthday "pupcake!"
We waited until the end of the three day weekend, before mom left, to give it to him. It was so cute! The "pupcake" is organic/gluten/soy free carrot cake with a yogurt frosting and he LOVED it. He carried it around for a while until he decided he would go ahead and eat it.
I also bought him two dog cookies, one in the shape of a lobster (it was really cute, ok!?) and one in the shape of a birthday cake. He also carried them around for a while before he settled down to eat them. I think he wanted to make sure Jax wasn't going to take it from him, like he does everything else!
On Sunday after church, we all made our way to Jenn A's house where her and her adorable kiddo's hosted a little 4th of July "partay" for us.
We BBQ'd potluck style so we had tons of food. Jenn's kids got an absolute kick out of my mom. They not only didn't believe she was my mom but also got some much needed time pseudo grandma time. After eating we headed towards the company area to watch the firework show they do on post. They started a little late so keeping the kids entertained was a chore, but we managed. :)
Got home pretty late but managed to sleep in on Monday and then make the trek back to Raleigh to drop mom off. It was so great to have her there. Looking back on it, that was just what I needed after the car accident. I just needed someone to hang out with at home. There's nothing more stressful and irritating than taking care of drama like car accidents with a husband deployed. Just her presence was good enough for me. Someone to vent to and also to take my mind off of things (I will also have you know that somehow while mom was here I managed to lose another 3-5 pounds! So I am now down to 141-142 lbs!)

I took my car to the vehicle adjustor close to my work to prep an estimate. I had a weird feeling about this guy and so far my feelings have been right. He's just not all 100% there......don't know any other way to say it.
I finally started going back to the gym that week.
Came out kinda sore, but gotta start somewhere.

Dropped the Rogue off at the body shop on the 12th. The estimator only gave them 4 days to do the work, but everyone agreed it would take longer than that. So of course, on Thursday when I call to see if it's done, it wasn't, and they said to check back on Friday, the 16th, and see if it's done then. They had to order parts because there was more damage than originally estimated, so on Friday, they told me it wouldn't be ready until that next Monday.
Awesome.
That Thursday I went to my follow up doc appointment and was good for the most part. I have one more doc appt today and I should be done. HOWEVER, because my insurance isn't being charged for these doc visits, I have some outstanding bills in my name which is something I HATE. Have a meeting Friday with the Medical Claims Adjustor, so that should quickly go away, but still!

Finally picked up my car on Monday.
Had to drop off the rental car which quickly became issue #1.
When they pulled up my account they said that Nationwide hadn't approved the extension of my rental car and that until they get it approved and paid for, they are going to continue to hold the deposit on my card.
Awesome, again.
They give me a ride to the body shop I got my car fixed at.
When I went inside to pay for it the total they gave me was for more than the check Nationwide gave me.
When I asked her about the difference in numbers (it was only about $20) they said that because I brought my car in with a used muffler and they had to replace it with a new one, that I had to pay the difference of the depreciated muffler they replaced.
Did anyone ever tell me I was going to have to pay this expense? Nope.
Wow, this is a lot of awesomeness.
I called the adjustor immediately after paying and it went straight to voicemail.
Called again about half an hour later and it rang twice and went to voicemail.
Went to the dealership where the car was bought to get an appraisal done.
In the end, according to the dealership, my loss of value if I traded in my vehicle for a unwrecked version, is $5,410.
AWESOME (please note the sarcasm).

Needless to say through several days worth of no returned phone calls, I finally got the adjustor on the phone and he came by and looked at my car today. The rental car issue was resolved and he's going to write me a check for the difference in total I had to pay at the body shop for the muffler (even though he said they aren't "obligated" too).
Status update on it is that now that it's fixed he submits paperwork to corporate to determine loss of value. They conference meeting over it and come up with an offer anywhere from 2-3 weeks. So now I wait........

Things to look forward to:

My girls Kristen and Ashleigh are coming next week and we are going to hit Myrtle Beach like a hurricane. It's going to be so great. :)

No comments: