This Is Me

I live in a world that is not my own that I succumb to in many ways. I live by a code that leaves me to find joy in the small things in life. Not take advantage of anything. Love and learn from everyone I meet in my journey. And especially to learn what it means to be selfless in more ways I thought possible. I am a Army wife. It is what I do. I have a love hate relationship with what I do. But do I regret it? No way.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Pomegranate Martini's & Strawberry Mango Margaritas

This is a venting post.
Don't say I didn't warn you.
But it does prove that the simple pleasures in life are what can make days turn around.

It all started on my way to work.
I stopped by a post office, knowing it was still closed, needing to send a large envelope. All the other post office's in town have those automatic machines accessible even when they are closed so you can still send stuff.
Well apparently the one I went to, didn't. Ugh.
Crap.

Get to work, clock in, and get to my cubicle.
Not even ten minutes after I sat myself at my computer desk at work my phone goes off.
I had forgotten to turn the volume off on my phone when I walked in so "Telephone" from Lady Gaga bursted through the office. Fortunately for me, I get here so early there were only about 3 (out of 20?) fellow officemates that were jerked awake by my ring tone!
It was the alarm company for our house alarm stating that the door from the garage to the house had been compromised sending the alarm off, do I want them to send the police?
My first gut reaction was questioning her on whether the alarm really went off.
When everything was said and done I felt stupid for doing that, but hey, it felt like a fair question at the time.
I told her don't bother with the police I'll go back home and check it out myself.
Probably not the BEST idea considering my situation, but I didn't know what else to do. Although I tend to plan and think in a "worst case scenario" mindset, I also don't like to come off like I can't handle a weird situation, so off I go back to the house.
Which is a thirty minute drive from work. Twenty if there is no traffic (which is why I wake up at 5 AM every morning! I have the road to myself!).
I had just booted up my computer.
I had just poured a cup of coffee (I have been cheating a bit yes!).
And I had just pulled my instant oatmeal out of the microwave and had sat down to indulge.

I hop in my car and start to head home. I turn the radio off, I'm NOT in the mood, Kenny Chesney!
As I drive up to one of the first stop lights from my work where I need to turn, I see a truck on the side of the road hesitating to pull out in front of a car that is a good 100 yards ahead of me...he doesn't pull out in front of them so I assumed since there was so much space between me and that car that he'd pull in between us....right? Well, he did, but he waited to pull out when I was almost at that intersection myself causing me to come up on him pretty quickly. It is a 50 mph zone after all.
Just like any NC driver would, he slammed on his brakes to brake check me which sent everything in my car flying forward.
I said some extremely unpleasant things.
Not only did he brake check me he continued to the stop light going about 10 mph in a 50 mph zone on a single lane road just to piss me off. Throwing his hands in the air and ranting raving the whole time.
Awesome.

I get to the house, open the garage door, and peer into the garage from the driveway in my car.
The door isn't open from what I can see, so I go ahead and go up to it.
I push the door expecting it to swing open which would have set the alarm off, but nope. The door didn't budge.
So I turned the knob walked in to a hyper dog running circles through the house, Jax passed out asleep in the cat bed, and Bella was no where to be found.
First thing I checked was the TV.
Sad I know, but if you had a 58" brand new LCD HDTV that took up half your  living room, it'd be the first thing you'd check too!
Second thing I checked was the revolver that John got me.
Everything was in place.
Except I couldn't find Bella.
I searched and searched. I even broke out the cat treats which always works, but I couldn't find her. Jax was following me around at that point howling for his own cat treats...
Finally I found her frozen under my bed.
Poor baby girl. She is such a diva and such a girly girl I could only imagine how terrified she was from that alarm going off for who knows how long.
Anyways, after hanging out at the house for a little bit, making sure anything somewhat valuable was present, I got back in the car and headed back to work.
Since my breakfast was left on my desk and now no good, I stopped by Starbux to get some liquid encouragement :) and their oatmeal (SO GOOD by the way!!).
I drive up, the drive through isn't bad, so I get in line, I order and wait in line for about 10 minutes behind just 2 cars....ugh?
Finally I get up to the window and she tries to hand me a frapp and some type of cake/bread something rather....I ordered a mocha and the oatmeal.......When I told her that wasn't what I ordered she then said, "Oh, well, what DID you order?"
For real?
So I told her and I became "that" car that kept the line clogged up at the window waiting for my order.

Finally get back to work.
We're in the busy season right now, so there's stuff whirling around always hiccuping the normalcy of things.

After the long day I went to dinner with Stephanie, who had been wanting to go out for "fruity drinks" for a while now. She had her son almost 6 weeks ago and so off we went to find some grub and drinks.
We finally settled on Pomegranate Martini for me and Strawberry Mango Margarita for her.
With a straw. :)
Good times.

Anyways.
Doesn't sound like much of a vent, but my morning was psycho and of course it always seems ten times worse when there's no one to call to help.

TYL for Martini's and Margarita's to put a positive spin on a not-so-great day. ;)

No comments: