This Is Me

I live in a world that is not my own that I succumb to in many ways. I live by a code that leaves me to find joy in the small things in life. Not take advantage of anything. Love and learn from everyone I meet in my journey. And especially to learn what it means to be selfless in more ways I thought possible. I am a Army wife. It is what I do. I have a love hate relationship with what I do. But do I regret it? No way.

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Pre Midtour Madness

SO, I haven't posted in a while and I'm beyond fully aware.
So much has changed and happened since March (OMG, MARCH?!) that I had to pull out my trusty handwritten planner to figure out what in the world we've been doing here lately.
So, end of March we had Easter.
This Easter was unique in that we actually got to participate in the usual Easter activities which included epic Easter dress pictures with the cousins, egg dying, Easter service, and having friends and family over for an awesome Easter meal.
Brynlee dying eggs was the most hysterical thing ever and I ended up with a "Hulk hands" kid, SO worth it.


All the while, Brynlee's tummy issues remained a mystery. We continued appointments with allergy and gastro docs doing tests and consults with no answers. All in all she's been tested for over 30 things including food, plant, tree, and pollen allergens all of which have come back negative. Even bananas that we knew she was allergic to, came back negative.
Around the time of her horrible topical reaction it seemed like the tummy issues all but went away, almost a thing of the past.
I don't want to jinx us, here two months later, but all in all, things have actually been really good and seem normal, but still no answers to what she broke out to or what she was having tummy issues from.

I finished my condensed course (Design and Color) the end of March.
What a psycho 5 weeks it was!
I have to give a HUGE shout out to every single member of both our families that made this condensed course possible for me. I was gone to class all day Saturday and Sunday and it took a lot of help and patience from all the fam in watching Brynlee and giving me the opportunity to get this class under my belt.
Thanks to all the support and help, I earned my first "A" of the semester and learned SO much.
Taking all these classes has reaffirmed for me not only professional confidence in what I do, but also my LOVE for what I do.
How awesome is that!?

During this pre midtour madness time, Brynlee started wearing shoes, started standing without hanging onto anything, walking with her walker, made another trip to the zoo--this time with Emalyn, Brynlee's new BFF--Arya Hyskell was born, walked the March of Dimes with some dear family friends, and grew in four molars as well as the left side's top and bottom canine teeth.
Stubborn non walker. ;)
To our surprise, Brynlee is not walking yet.
I'm 100% convinced she can, she just doesn't want too.
If you watch her standing, walking with her walker or cruising around furniture in the living room, she'll let go and take a step, probably cause she doesn't realize she's doing it, and as soon as she does, she plops on her bum and crawls away.
To be completely honest, I'm in no hurry at all.
It seems like immediately after a kid turns one, if they aren't walking, something is wrong with them.
We all know my kiddo is far from the "norm" when it comes to any specific age "standard," and I hate these stereotypes and assumptions on babies. It makes parents feel like their kids aren't normal.
I know my kid is normal, I also know she's stubborn as a mule.
I can't make her do anything she doesn't want to do.
Through experiences in my own family, crawling is so important besides learning to be mobile.
Granted if she's almost 2 and still only crawling then I'll admit that something needs to be looked into, but the hand/eye coordination as well as left brain/right brain development at that stage, with that action, is just so important.
With that, I can sincerely say that I could care less that she's not walking.
I've been asked by tons of people if I'm worried that she's not walking.
Like it's any of their concern to ask, but the answer is no.
However I've been asked so many times I finally asked her doctor about it just to reaffirm my lack of caring, and he waved it off with no more concern than I had.
I do have a suspicion that she'll go from crawling/cruising to running.
Forget walking. Psh.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brian was a "late" walker, but once he got it down, he quickly went from walker to sprinter. Granted its a cute sprint with arms flopping and totally bouncy, but yeah, he's FAST! I also wasn't worried, and I kinda miss the crawling days. Much easier keeping up with him! Now he's a little bit of a late talker- he communicates fantastically and is still in the "normal" range of speech development, though several of his peer have more words, clearer words and are putting together simple sentences. Its hard not to compare, but I know my kid is fine. Brynlee is perfect, and although it can be trying, consider it a good trait that she can be stubborn! Harness that in her, and you wont have to worry so much about peer pressure when she's older! You're doing a great job mama and I love reading your updates.