This Is Me

I live in a world that is not my own that I succumb to in many ways. I live by a code that leaves me to find joy in the small things in life. Not take advantage of anything. Love and learn from everyone I meet in my journey. And especially to learn what it means to be selfless in more ways I thought possible. I am a Army wife. It is what I do. I have a love hate relationship with what I do. But do I regret it? No way.

Friday, August 3, 2012

Halfway to Somewhere, the "PS" edition...

PS: So I totally forgot another aspect to my 6 month round up with the bug that I wanted to write about in order to keep myself accountable...losing the baby weight.
I have allowed myself up until now to not even consider stressing about it, knowing the full plate I had with being a new mom, working from home, husband's work schedule, etc...Once B was about 3-4 months old I hit a weight loss plateau where I still had about 10 lbs. give or take left to lose to be back to my pre pregnancy weight.
I credit working out while pregnant (for the majority of it anyways!) and breastfeeding for the weight loss I have had so far.
Now, looking at my body shape since her birth, I'm pretty sure that will never be the same, haha. I'm oddly ok with that, BUT the weight portion of it, I can totally see where the loss can occur and I know it won't take much for me to get rid of it. It's just a matter of me getting my butt out to do it!

I've used her six month birthday as a new beginning for me to give myself until her first birthday to lose that extra weight and be as close back to my pre pregnancy weight as possible. I think this is totally achievable with just light to moderate consistent workouts like I did before and while I was pregnant. I am looking forward to our time in CO because I've got tons of willing work out partners with work out routines already being planned out and I just can't wait!

I am also considering it as the "something" I need to keep me busy while John's gone, just like it was last deployment.
Last deployment I lost close to 40 lbs. and about 8 clothing sizes....then I got pregnant and gained it all back, LOL. Because of my body shape changing I'm not planning to get back down to that size 2, but if I can, rock on!
I like to put this out there for all to know because it's one of the only ways I can keep myself accountable for my actions. I'm not a public person when it comes to more private things like this, but I've learned the best way to trick myself into doing something that I don't feel like doing all the time is to futuristically call myself out on it!
So here it is!
Starting on her 6 month birthday I started back on my pre/pregnancy neighborhood walk routine I did almost daily with Hurley, just this time it's with baby. :) She's been a trooper so far and no offense to Hurley, but she's much more of an intense work out partner. Pushing that stroller up those hills ain't no joke! If we have the time to work up to it I'd like to progress to taking her out on the Cumberland Trail and work out there. I attribute a lot of my weight loss to that trail while wearing ankle weights and taking turns with my friend Steph, pushing her baby, Luke, up those trail hills!
No thanks to NC heat, I have to do this walk first thing in the morning, but that's when the babe is most tolerant of my weirdness, so it's actually worked out really great!
I probably won't weigh myself or even think about again after this post until we are in CO, but I'm excited for this journey and challenge and am thankful for the support from friends and family I have had so far in this area!

More on this as it continues....


No comments: